PARN is a community based agency providing support and health promotion for people HIV-infected and HIV-affected. PARN provides education for people at risk for HIV and awareness of HIV issues to the broader community.
- To promote the well-being and independence of people living with or at risk for HIV and/or AIDS in the counties of Peterborough, Northumberland, Haliburton and Kawartha Lakes by providing services such as: counseling, workshops, and information on progression and treatment of the condition for themselves and their families; referrals to other service providers; basic necessities to those in need; and assistance with other health issues.
- To prevent the transmission of HIV by providing education, information and resources to groups at risk and the general public in the counties of Peterborough, Northumberland, Haliburton and Kawartha Lakes.
- We believe in affirming the human dignity of people living with HIV and/or AIDS. We strive to educate against discrimination and present accurate and non-prejudicial perceptions of people.
- We believe people living with HIV and/or AIDS must have the accurate information and compassionate support that will empower them to make informed choices.
- We believe the fight against HIV and AIDS must also address the causes of social and economic inequality. These include homophobia, heterosexism, poverty, racism, sexism, discrimination based on disability, and all forms of violence and injustice.
- We are proud of our roots in the gay and lesbian community and also recognize the universal impact of HIV/AIDS.
- We are committed to providing confidential services.
- We are a publicly funded agency, and as such, are accountable for the stewardship of funds.
- We value the passion, dedication and expertise of our volunteers, members and staff.
- We honour the courage of people who are living with HIV and/or AIDS as well as the individual lives of those who have died from AIDS related illnesses or complications.