Safer Injection Equipment
- Sterile Syringes Longs (29G,12.7mm, 1ml) and Shorts (30G,8mm,1ml)
- VitC issued to break down drugs like crack, fentanyl or tar heroin. Using lemon juice or vinegar can cause bacterial or fungal infections and vein damage.
- Cookers are spoon-like containers used to prepare drugs for injection.
- Sterile water is used to dissolve drugs so that the mixture can be injected into the bloodstream.
- Alcohol swabs are used to clean and sterilize the injection site before and after each injection.
- Tourniquets or ties are used to make it easier to inject into a vein.
Safer Inhalation Equipment
- Glass stems are used as pipes for smoking crack cocaine.
- Push sticks aka chop sticks are used to push brass screens into glass stems.
- Screens prevent the inhalation of hot bits and pieces. Brass screens reduce harm to the mouth, throat and lungs.
- Mouth piece tubing is used to cover the end of the glass stem and prevents cuts to the lips. They also prevent the transmission of hepatitis C from open sores or dry cracked lips that may have been on a shared pipe.