Position Title: Summer Assistant
Start Date: TBD
Work Schedule: 35 hours per week for 8 weeks
Work Shift: Days, some evenings and weekends
The Summer Assistant works with PARN staff and volunteers to support the delivery of PARN programs and services. The successful applicant will work in a physically-distanced workplace with further safety precautions in place such as wearing Personal Protective Equipment when required.
The Summer Assistant will:
- Prepare materials and kits for PARN programs;
- Support the development of content for PARN website and social media platforms
- Assist with PARN’s participation is summer Pride events in the Four Counties
- Support the administration of PARN fundraising initiatives
- Help prepare and implement an event for PARN’s 30th Anniversary
- Perform some office-related duties
- Other duties as required
You will have:
- A high comfort level working in an office environment that has put emergency measures in place to protect against the transmission of COVID-19
- Strong computer and literacy skills;
- A commitment to anti-oppression and anti-racism principles;
- An understanding of working with marginalized populations;
To be eligible, you must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
In accordance with GIPA and MEPA principles, PARN encourages qualified candidates to apply including Trans and cis women living with HIV and/or hepatitis C, peers, persons with in/visible disabilities, First Nations, Inuit and Metis individuals, Black and other racialized communities.