Two Outreach Worker positions available in Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton and Northumberland Counties.
One position is for a one year parental leave and the other is a permanent position.
Harm Reduction Works provides harm reduction information and equipment, as well as overdose prevention tools and training in Peterborough, Northumberland, Haliburton and Kawartha Lakes.
As the harm reduction pillar of a four pillar approach to drug use we work in partnership with public health, addiction services and police.
Our goals are to:
– improve services for those who have complex drug and social challenges
– reduce the harms related to the use of injection and inhaled drugs
– reduce the transmission of blood-borne and sexually transmitted infections.
Harm Reduction Works provides information, education, and equipment to people who use inhaled and injected drugs at fixed and satellite sites and on mobile outreach in the 4 counties; and collaborates with service providers and organizations in the four-county region of Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland & Haliburton to expand the availability of harm reduction equipment and services, and to reduce the impact of the opioid crisis at the individual, community and systems levels.
Successful candidates will build on the successes of our existing program.
Outreach Workers – 1 full-time position and 1 temporary position for a one year parental leave coverage available, 1 in Peterborough, 1 in the HKPR region.
Skills and experience needed:
– 3–5 years education & experience in a related field (health promotion, addictions, HIV, community development)
– Sound knowledge of and ability to apply harm reduction principles
– Understanding of addictions (lived or learned), HIV, hepatitis C
– Ability to apply a determinants of health and/or health equity lens to complex needs
– Demonstrated community development skills
– Ability to identify, establish and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders and engage with peer workers
– Experience working with marginalized individuals and communities
– Success working with community partners to develop programs
– Strong communication, problem solving and organizing skills – Ability to work independently within a team
– Unrestricted access to a reliable vehicle, a clean driving abstract and current vehicle insurance
– Confidence and experience driving large vehicles may be required
Please apply through Charity Village at: https://charityvillage.com/app/job-listings/e600999f-d941-ea11-80de-14187768272a